Monday, November 2, 2009

Poetry and Superheroes

I really like it when my two geek worlds collide. Tonight on Heroes, two characers recited poems about the moon - coincidentally, on the night of a beautiful clear full "frost" moon.

Hiro recited the first poem by Japanese haiku poet Ryokan:

The thief left it behind
the moon
at my window

HRG recited the poem from Oberon to Titania from Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.

On an unrelated note, this whole season of Heroes has so far been so much better than the two previous seasons it is like another show. Poetic imagery with a hearing-impaired woman seeing colors, the tatto woman...I like the carnival-running Magneto-ripoff bad guy, too.

1 comment:

Missyspends said...

I love Heroes! Sadly when I was flying back home from Boston, I left the whole first season (except one(!!) CD) on the plane. After that I got a bit discouraged and I haven't seen the rest. I know how discouraging it can be to do all this posting for no one to read it. I'll check in on you and read your stuff! (check out mine too!)